Set a great example to your co-workers. Follow the procedures set in place by Valley Plumbing Diagnose and repair drain issues and lead customers to informed and confident buying decisions. Organize a team of techs and trainees to complete designated tasks, while maintaining a profit and educating the customer.
What You’ll Do (job functions)
- Complete all drain cleaning, jetting and cable work related to in-home and commercial, service calls.
- Provide camera service for every mainline stoppage within 24 hours of the report.
- Know how to establish customer rapport to provide the right products and services.
- Educate and assist customers on the importance of sewer repair and replacement.
- Help customers select the right maintenance plan and understand warranty information.
- Explain reasons for blockage and illustrate how you will resolve the issue.
- Understand your service criteria and hold yourself accountable for exceeding revenue goals.
- Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Work along side customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Protect drain cleaning and camera equipment and keep a well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings, trade shows and retreats.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs.
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, time cards, curbside feedback and option sheets.
- Take ownership of the development of your technical expertise by creating and maintaining a Development Plan, with the support of other team members and management
What you’ll need to succeed (skills)
- Knowledgeable of local plumbing codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Clean, safe driving record.
- Personable and professional with a knack for diffusing messy situations.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desire to be a better technician tomorrow than you are today.
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team.
- Follow the procedures and guidelines laid out by Valley Plumbing.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in drain cleaning is recommended.
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, Knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Fun Company Culture that makes this the best place to work in the Valley
- Medical Insurance paid in full by Valley Plumbing for the base plan
- Dental and Vision insurance is offered
- Retirement plan with company percentage match
- Sick Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Life insurance 100% paid by Valley Plumbing
- Company paid trips
- Company paid Education
- Company provided and laundered uniform
- Company provided work truck
- Fully stocked warehouse (no time wasted at vendor parts counters)
- Generous Bonus structure available
- Opportunity for advancement within the organization